Are Game Token Mechanics Not Fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2022
Hello.
Have anyone noticed how you get more tokens in Sky Battle comparing to other games?

Example: Same amount of kills. Came first in both games. But somehow i get 20 tokens in BB and 50 tokens in SB.

In my opinion that's a little weird, cause somehow i am always able to buy anything i want in SB crates shop, but for BB or HITW i have to grind.
Correct me if my logic is wrong!

1668449864901.png
1668449899570.png

I actually made a full overview of how many tokens each game gives! Here it is: https://mccisland.net/threads/full-overview-of-faction-xp-and-token-rewards.3949/.

Some analysis: TGTTOS gives by far the largest amount of tokens per player, giving every single player at least 18 tokens just for playing the game - the same amount of tokens BB gives for a very respectable first place with 3 kills.

Battle Box and Sky Battle actually give a similar amount of tokens on average (about 6.5 and 7.5 per player respectively) but this doesn't take into account that a bad Sky Battle game usually takes very short, while every Battle Box game has 3 rounds regardless of placement. This means Battle Box will end up giving you significantly less tokens for equal performances, as you correctly noticed.

HITW usually gives more tokens than Battle Box, whether you get a bad placement or a great one, but less than TGTTOS. Sky Battle has a higher ceiling than HITW, but a lower floor, with average placements giving about the same amount, though this is dependent on the amount of kills you get in SB.

I actually made a full overview of how many tokens each game gives! Here it is: https://mccisland.net/threads/full-overview-of-faction-xp-and-token-rewards.3949/.

Some analysis: TGTTOS gives by far the largest amount of tokens per player, giving every single player at least 18 tokens just for playing the game - the same amount of tokens BB gives for a very respectable first place with 3 kills.

Battle Box and Sky Battle actually give a similar amount of tokens on average (about 6.5 and 7.5 per player respectively) but this doesn't take into account that a bad Sky Battle game usually takes very short, while every Battle Box game has 3 rounds regardless of placement. This means Battle Box will end up giving you significantly less tokens for equal performances, as you correctly noticed.

HITW usually gives more tokens than Battle Box, whether you get a bad placement or a great one, but less than TGTTOS. Sky Battle has a higher ceiling than HITW, but a lower floor, with average placements giving about the same amount, though this is dependent on the amount of kills you get in SB.
thank you! This analysys is very impressive and interesting. I kinda think that different games have to have different prices in crates shop. It would make much more sence considering token mechanics are so different in each game.

I think I know why they did it like this:
there is a fairly high chance of winning bb (1/4) and getting the max tokens that way. However in sb, there is often an average of 2 players left at the end, making it a 1/16 chance of winning sb. also you are expected to get more kills in bb than sb, because only a max of 31 players can be killed, so it avgs out to around 1 kill per player. In battle box, there is often on avg 2 people left at the end of each round, adding up to 6/8 kills, so each person gets 0.75 kills per round on avg, so each game the avg would be 2.25 kills, which is more than the 1 avg in sb

These 2 games are balanced with each other, but hitw gives not many tokens, and tgttos gives waaaaaay to many tokens for no reason.

I hop that this was clear, I often word things weirdly cuz autism.

Reactions: i_love_capybaras
Status
Not open for further replies.