Hard data: TGTTOS less popular. May we have a no-punching lobby, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry

Aug 4, 2022
Hi,
TLDR: Please add a "no-punch" lobby for TGTTOS.

We now have some hard data that TGTTOS is the least popular game on MCCI. Despite taking about the same amount of time to play a round, there are barely half as many top TGTTOS finishes for top players as for the other game modes.

I think this stems from the fact that TGTTOS is fundamentally not a PvP-mentality game, but it's played as though it is.

Players who are not good at, or do not enjoy, PvP are attracted to the parkour nature of the game. But, it is incredibly frustrating to be repeatedly hit back when you are in last place. It is not fun for new players, and frustrating for experienced players alike who are frequently "robbed" of their first place finishes.

I can somewhat see tapping someone off if you're in second and they're in first. But, because the mechanics of the game have no way to differentiate between that, and behavior like I experienced on stream today in this clip:
there is no way to enforce "no trolling" automatically with game mechanics.

According to the threads in the forum, some people like trolling others when they have a bad first round. In theory it's possible to be banned for that, but it's very rare. This makes any bans that do happen seem arbitrary and unfair.

I like the game idea, and I'd love to see a "no punching" lobby.

You don't have to remove the punching lobby for people who enjoy it, but for the players who like racing but are either learning the maps or don't like PvP, it would be nice to have a competition space where you can compete on and improve parkour skill. There's no way to stop the trolls, and it would be nice to have some games without them.

TGTTOS-playedLess.png

Attachments

• TGTTOS-playedLess.png
    TGTTOS-playedLess.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 18
  • TGTTOS-playedLess.png
    TGTTOS-playedLess.png
    81 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.