Hole in the wall ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesbianDream

Feb 10, 2023
Hello! After playing hole in the wall for an unhealthy amount of time, I've had many thoughts on things that could be added to the game, and I am here to share that with you today.

(Keep in mind that I am not a level designer or gameplay developer so some things might be too drastic, confusing, or completely pointless.)

This is an idea I've had in my mind for a while, a platform idea. The main point of this map is to:

• Keep the players constantly on their feet
  • Have the players focus
  • Be equal to or more difficult than Medieval (Why? Because challenges are fun :D)

The map:

2023-03-17_13.40.25.png

(16x16 blocks)

For this map, instead of the platform shrinking based on how many players are left alive, the platform would instead switch and change every 30 seconds. (The map would start off as full when the game starts, however, after 10 seconds it would shrink.)
This means that the map would swap a total of 8 times (assuming the game ties.)

Example:

IMG_4361.GIF

Possible wall ideas for this map:

Here are some of the possible wall ideas I have for this map.

Easy walls:

2023-03-17_04.11.57.png

(Length: 18 blocks, height: 3 blocks)

Methods of passing the wall:
  • Jump over, either on the middle or sides
  • Crouch under on the sides

2023-03-17_04.22.42.png

(Length: 16, height 5 blocks)

• Crouch under
  • Jump over through the middle
  • Neo around

Medium walls:
2023-03-17_05.05.03.png

(Length: 16 blocks, height: 4 blocks)

• Crouch under, either on middle or sides
  • Neo around

2023-03-17_03.36.22.png

(Length: 18 blocks height: 3 blocks)

Method of passing the wall:
  • Jump over

Hard wall (could have made more yet here we are):

2023-03-17_03.53.34.png

(Length: 16 blocks, height: 5 blocks)

• Time jump on the sides of the wall

Very hard wall (yeah I was lazy I couldn't make more):

2023-03-17_04.53.10.png

(Length: 18 blocks, height: 5 blocks)

• Timing your jump through the only 1x2 slot in the middle

Personal thoughts on this map:
  • While I do think the size of the map is rather large, it also just didn't seem fair to have a max of up to 24 players on it if I made it smaller. However, looking at Medieval, it's probably fair to do so.
  • Wall design is complicated for this map, it's probably very likely that people will be able to glitch through it easily.
  • I think that adding neo specific walls would be a good addition to this map and would be a step up in difficulty.

For this section, I would like to go over some possible trap ideas that I have (make block game more difficult wooo):

• Changing the platform fully to ice or only partially to ice
  • On that note, changing the platform fully to slime blocks or partially to slime blocks (though fully might be a bit much)
  • Either 1 or 2 creepers. Creepers would take reduced knockback to make them more scary, and being within the explosion of a creeper would do knockback similar to the hot potato explosion.
  • Anvils falling from the sky. Getting hit by an anvil would give the player blindness for 2 seconds. Indicators of where an anvil will fall will spawn on the ground (or not, this game is rng anyway.)
  • You know hot potato? Let’s change that up a bit. When this trap rolls, one player becomes “infected” and they have slowness 4. When they hit another player however, that player also becomes infected, giving them slowness as well and they also have the ability to infect other players. The effects would go away after the trap has expired. Alternatively, the effect could be nausea.

Currently, this is all I've thought about so far, let me know your thoughts! I'd be happy to hear opinions from others :)

Attachments

• 2023-03-17_05.05.03.png
    2023-03-17_05.05.03.png
    334.3 KB · Views: 11
Actually pretty cool map idea! I've been thinking of a similar map style (diagonal floor), but this is actually way more interesting.
Especially the floor switching mechanic seems interesting which could be used for similar maps in the future.
And I also like the idea of having floor traps, like changing the blocks of the floor.

Would love to see some of these ideas actually being implemented, but that's not up to me. :D

Reactions: kispintyi
Status
Not open for further replies.