Gameplay discussion for MCC Island

Sky Battle Inventory swapping will be improved!

Inventory swapping will be improved!

• 20d

Last Reply

Replies

Views

EpicLandlord
Noxcrew

Noxcrew
Hey Everyone, I wanted to give an update on Efficient Inventory Swapping.

We are still working on the system and I believe it's very important to improve the flow of our games with optimizations like these.

The revert from last week was addressing some other larger scale issues, something which I should of mentioned in the patch notes.
We still want to do what the initial system intended along with some new improvements, that being:
  • Improve the efficiency of swapping core items by doing a simple function.
  • Retain the ability to use vanilla functions to order loot.
  • Avoid interrupting play with auto swapping.
  • Allow players to freely order contextual items as the wish (e.g. Using multiple weapons at once).
Hopefully we will get some improvements ready for an update next week, but if not it should be the week after.
  test
  • 2023/01/28
  • lukas9446

So does this mean that the automatic inventory sorting (or at least the option to enable it) will return?
    Personally I'm very in favor of having auto-sorting as it saves a lot of time during a game which can be spent focussing on the actual game.
      test
  • 2023/01/28
  • I definitely like the ability to swap armor pieces by right clicking, as it makes it much easier, and this is actually how it works in Bedrock edition in vanilla.
      test
  • 2023/01/28
  • corvowiz

Appreciate the transparency, I look forward to seeing how the inventory swapping system is improved. I am too slow at organizing my inventory for my own good :sweat_smile:
      test
  • 2023/01/28
  • Can auto-swapping be kept as an option? Its so useful, playing without it is so much less fun :v
      test
  • 2023/01/28
  • Jayjeev_dab

We are still working on the system and I believe it's very important to improve the flow of our games with optimizations like these.

The revert from last week was addressing some other larger scale issues, something which I should of mentioned in the patch notes.
    We still want to do what the initial system intended along with some new improvements, that being:
    • Allow players to freely order contextual items as the wish (e.g. Using multiple weapons at once).
    Hopefully we will get some improvements ready for an update next week, but if not it should be the week after.
    I feel they should have kept it and still be working on the system, BUT at least we can right click and swap it. Its better than nothing
      test
  • 2023/01/28
  • iceking77

W
      test
  • 2023/01/28