Pain(t) Factory Map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2022
Hello.

I am not a big fan on Paint Factory map. And i can tell I am not the only one.

In my opinion this map is far too bow-heavy, the play is basically stay at your base and bowspam. And if you fall down, espically too early, you get immediately sniped.

For example in Gold Mine, which has similar 'downstairs' area, you are actually able to run away and hide using map terrain and potions. In Paint Factory your only way to escape are ladders, and if you have a team following you, no way you are gonna escape, ladders are too slow.

If you don't agree with me, please feel free to explain your opinion in the comments :winking_tongue:

100% agree with notapidgeon haunted house should Not be a halloween only map. maybe if there were more maps, but with the number of maps currently in the game, i want haunted house.

as for paint factory, i would encourage you to try to sneak up on the opponents team with speed/invis. if you go at the right time, everyone will be so focused on bowing that you can sneak up behind and do a lot of damage.

100% agree with notapidgeon haunted house should Not be a halloween only map. maybe if there were more maps, but with the number of maps currently in the game, i want haunted house.

as for paint factory, i would encourage you to try to sneak up on the opponents team with speed/invis. if you go at the right time, everyone will be so focused on bowing that you can sneak up behind and do a lot of damage.
Ehh, don't quite agree with you. If you get enough harming orbs you can go and storm the enemy while they are busy shooting at our base
I like to do this kind of rushing in Gold Mine map, but imo in Paint Factory each team member stays kind of in the same area, so you would get killed pretty quickly... while in Gold Mine teammates actually can split up. Now i think about it, maybe the issue is that Pain Factory is a rather small map, so you can't run around the map as much.

I think the issue most people have with paint factory is that it's harder to chip down your opponent. A map like train station has multiple enchanted crossbows, a bunch of orbs, and very little healing, so you can get a team low in seconds and immediately rush. Paint factory has completely unenchanted bows and the healer has multiple splash potions, so it's a lot harder to get teams low.

The map is relatively easy to rush on, the invis kit is designed for rushing, the speed kit allows you to rush fast, and the crossbow kit has a unique rush with the levitation potions. The issue is when you rush the enemy they're going to be on full health rather than the lack of mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.