Penalisation for leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubscart

Aug 21, 2022
Writing this after my past 3 battlebox games have either been ruined by having 2-3 of my team mates leaving, or an entire team leaving causing the game to automatically shut down.

It's just not fun anymore.

A change is in dire need, whether its a timeout from playing if you disconnect early, a strike system for early leavers/rage quitters. As well as something to stop games ending early.

I understand it's difficult to make a perfect system as in its nature BB requires all 16 players, but at least make something to put people off disconnecting.

I doubt they will add such a penalty while the server is in closed beta, however they may add it on release when the server is a lot more stable. As right now, players might be getting kicked / removed from the game for other reasons that aren't just disconnecting

Writing this after my past 3 battlebox games have either been ruined by having 2-3 of my team mates leaving, or an entire team leaving causing the game to automatically shut down.

It's just not fun anymore.

A change is in dire need, whether its a timeout from playing if you disconnect early, a strike system for early leavers/rage quitters. As well as something to stop games ending early.

I understand it's difficult to make a perfect system as in its nature BB requires all 16 players, but at least make something to put people off disconnecting.
It sucks but sadly, as it is a Minecraft server, it is probably only reasonable to add this to a ranked mode, I do however wish there was a way to reconnect to a match if you accidentally left or lagged out.

As others here have said, this is a very hard problem to solve in a game/environment such as Minecraft + MCCI.

While ranked modes in games are cool and I'm a huge fan of them, anecdotal evidence tells me a vast majority of players will eventually want to go back to casual, as ranked modes get very very hard as you climb the ranks, and can be very frustrating. At the same time, this doesn't solve the issue of players leaving casual games.

Queue banning players works, but for a game as unpredictable and frustratingly poorly made as Minecraft, unexpected disconnects are unfortunately quite common. Because of the length of BattleBox games, a reconnect button doesn't really work (unlike in games such as Counter-Strike and League of Legends which are much longer).

Overall I think queue banning is the better of two poor options, but I'd imagine the bans would have to be short (10-15 minutes, rather than other competitive games like CS:GO's multi-hour bans).

Perhaps there's a way to let people back into the game if they leave? Or prevent them from joining other games until that game of battlebox is over (so it makes more sense to stay in anyway)?
I also like this idea, as it's a short "ban", but not called a "ban", so it feels less bad for a player who got kicked by something out of their control, but still gives players who purposefully left a chance to wait and think about it for a bit.

I'm interested in hearing what everyone else has to say about these points :)

Reactions: Matth3w23
Status
Not open for further replies.