Prefiring Arrows at the start of the gamd

Status
Not open for further replies.
disagree, there are barriers on every map where pre-firing is possible for this reason. pausing a half-second behind one of these at the start of the round is a very easy way to not get pre-shot.
What you're saying is what I've been doing to go against pre firing but it still doesn't work. There are still people who will shoot their arrows through obscure places or like the other guy said a tactic that makes you forced to be in spawn is not a very good thing.

What you're saying is what I've been doing to go against pre firing but it still doesn't work. There are still people who will shoot their arrows through obscure places or like the other guy said a tactic that makes you forced to be in spawn is not a very good thing.
You complain about pre firing but what is to stop you from pre firing? And for example in the real mcc event pre firing is a thing but I dont see contestants complaining about it all the time. You just got to move on and dodge better.

You complain about pre firing but what is to stop you from pre firing?
This isn't a reason to justify the tactic for the same reason the game isn't magically fair because each team has access to the same unbalanced kits.

I do it a lot on some maps and better than most and I would love to see it gone anyway. You can just repeat the same shots at the start each time because people take predictable paths (not like there's a lot of paths anyway). They're boring and easy to get hits.
I've deleted people at the start of rounds with 3 back to back hits even when they're specifically try to hide/avoid prefiring. Those people rightfully got frustrated and complained about it in chat.
And for example in the real mcc event pre firing is a thing but I dont see contestants complaining about it all the time.
Is this even releavant? I don't even know if this happens often in mcc because I doubt many contestants adopt this tactic from playing 9 rounds every month.

I honestly don't even see why anyone would be against some change for this. If there'd be a 1-2s delay on bow usage at the start of the game only prefiring would be affected. For the rest, the game is basically the same. At worst a person could be confused by the delay if it isn't communicated to them properly.
People wouldn't get frustrated from prefiring and the people who want to shoot still can once everyone's had a chance to spread out a bit.
The only argument against this I can see is if you want to get easy, low skill, shots against 4 players lumped into a small space.

Last edited:
Is a tactic which forces you to wait at the spawn box a good thing?
you don't have to wait long, just long enough for arrows to fly by. mixing up timing and character movement when moving beyond these barriers is a good strategy too. unless you're trying to rush for an item on the map, in which case its just risk/reward with potentially getting shot/potentially getting the item.
and as for this, obviously no strategy is perfect. what i was trying to say is that starting behind barriers greatly decreases your chances of getting pre-shot, and movement/timing mixups like i mentioned above decrease them further. yes, pre-firing is annoying, but i think there's more than enough counterplay that you can do to make it a very small issue. i certainly don't think adding a period of resistance is the answer. a one-second cooldown on bows at the beginning of the match might be interesting, but i think that overall pre-firing is a valid strat that doesn't need to be nerfed. just my opinion though.

This isn't a reason to justify the tactic for the same reason the game isn't magically fair because each team has access to the same unbalanced kits.

I do it a lot on some maps and better than most and I would love to see it gone anyway. You can just repeat the same shots at the start each time because people take predictable paths (not like there's a lot of paths anyway). They're boring and easy to get hits.
I've deleted people at the start of rounds with 3 back to back hits even when they're specifically try to hide/avoid prefiring. Those people rightfully got frustrated and complained about it in chat.

Is this even releavant? I don't even know if this happens often in mcc because I doubt many contestants adopt this tactic from playing 9 rounds every month.

I honestly don't even see why anyone would be against some change for this. If there'd be a 1-2s delay on bow usage at the start of the game only prefiring would be affected. For the rest, the game is basically the same. At worst a person could be confused by the delay if it isn't communicated to them properly.
People wouldn't get frustrated from prefiring and the people who want to shoot still can once everyone's had a chance to spread out a bit.
The only argument against this I can see is if you want to get easy, low skill, shots against 4 players lumped into a small space.
Yes, most things people complain about in games are just things they need to work on. And yes people in the real event not complaining is very relevant considering they accept pre-bowing is part of the game and don't go around complaining about it. And to be honest I think most kits are balanced you just have to get creative with some. Give me any scenario between kits and I will give you a strategy.

Yes, most things people complain about in games are just things they need to work on. And yes people in the real event not complaining is very relevant considering they accept pre-bowing is part of the game and don't go around complaining about it.
I've rewatched a canal mcc vod of a single perspective and only 2/10 teams prefired. 0 teams tried to avoid it. Considering it's the best mcci map for the tactic I'd say most of them don't have much experience with it.
And still I don't see how it's relevant. A contestant isn't going to give detailed feedback from the few rounds they play of each game. They'll mainly call out bigger glaring issues.
And to be honest I think most kits are balanced you just have to get creative with some. Give me any scenario between kits and I will give you a strategy.
Train station ending in a 1v1, you've got a bow kit and they've got a quickcharge crossbow with 1 block filled. They're decent and their general tactic is to quickly poke from cover to shoot. If you try to get close they'll rotate around cover trying to get an angle for an easy shot. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.