Remove Pots (plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pots are one of those items you put into pvp minigames because they allow people who can't pvp that well to get some easy damage.
That's not a problem, the trouble starts when good people use them effectively.

Good game design revolves around being able to anticipate attacks and react. When someone is holding a pot in their hand, you know they're about to throw it and you can try to dodge. Pots are very poorly designed for pvp simply because they're instant use. Someone can throw the potion before you could see them switch to it. If they get a good throw there's basically nothing you can do.

Instant use items are broken because you can chain them. Crossbows work well for this. On paintball factory for example you can shoot your bow at someone, switch to the crossbow and shoot them again while they can't move from the bow knockback. Suddenly a 4 heart attack becomes an 8 heart attack.
You can do the same type of combo with a crossbow + pot to delete someone at full health and as rare as it is, it should not exist in the game at all.
Just make sure you dodge and weave.gif

noppe has quite literally the best response to this.this has happened to me so many times some one grabs the harming orb you get them low then they start to run then quickly turn and pot you and there is no way to defend yourself from this lol it takes almost no skill to do and almost always nets a free kill

Pots are one of those items you put into pvp minigames because they allow people who can't pvp that well to get some easy damage.
That's not a problem, the trouble starts when good people use them effectively.

Good game design revolves around being able to anticipate attacks and react. When someone is holding a pot in their hand, you know they're about to throw it and you can try to dodge. Pots are very poorly designed for pvp simply because they're instant use. Someone can throw the potion before you could see them switch to it. If they get a good throw there's basically nothing you can do.

Instant use items are broken because you can chain them. Crossbows work well for this. On paintball factory for example you can shoot your bow at someone, switch to the crossbow and shoot them again while they can't move from the bow knockback. Suddenly a 4 heart attack becomes an 8 heart attack.
You can do the same type of combo with a crossbow + pot to delete someone at full health and as rare as it is, it should not exist in the game at all.
View attachment 4739
and it can really turn a fight around, like on gold mine. say you have scrapper kit and picked up a harming pot. you could get down to half a heart, heal then just use both your harming pots+plus a bow if they dont die, and bam the fights over and you should have lost but you didnt

Unfortunately for me pots are literally unusable for high ping players, as there is a long delay between when you input to throw the pot and when the potion is actually being thrown. This is coming from me, a player who usually plays with 240ms ping, pots are kinda useless especially for direct fights due to that delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.